WhatsApp Online Status: How to Make WhatsApp Web and Mobile App Appear Offline or Hide Online Status
Here's how to simply hide your online status on WhatsApp with this step-by-step guide. WhatsApp Web and Mobile App Appear Offline or Hide Online Status
One of the most widely used applications on the planet is WhatsApp Messenger. WhatsApp Messenger has taken a special position in our lives, whether it's for chatting with friends, emailing urgent documents to a coworker, or simply video calling your closest friends or family members. The platform provides a variety of unique features, such as displaying a user's online status and more.
There are moments, however, when you simply need to be invisible on WhatsApp. When using WhatsApp Web, there are instances when you need to hide your online status or simply appear offline. Or maybe you just don't want your 'Last Seen' on the platform to be seen by others. You've come to the right place if you're looking for solutions to these issues. In this article, we'll walk you through a step-by-step process for making yourself appear offline on WhatsApp while using the service. So, without further ado, here's what you should do.
How to Hide WhatsApp Online Status on Android Mobile, WhatsApp Web
Following a few simple steps, you may simply hide your Online Status or seem offline on WhatsApp. On both Android and iOS platforms, the messaging app gives you the option to hide the online status feature. All you have to do now is follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on Settings from the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Users on iOS can just go to the bottom menu and select Settings.
- Account may be found in the Settings menu. Go to the Privacy option after clicking on it.
- The Last Seen option can be found there. There are two options available in the app. You have the option of selecting My Contacts or Nobody. The former will notify your contacts that you are online, whereas the latter will not notify anyone.
- To hide the Online status on WhatsApp messenger, select the 'Nobody' option.
How to Hide WhatsApp Online Status on WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web, unlike its Android equivalent, does not allow you to hide your online status. There are, however, a few Chrome addons that allow you to appear offline on WhatsApp Web. WAIncognito is one such extension. The add-on comes with a lot of cool features. To begin, it allows you to toggle on and off the last seen update and Read receipts for WhatsApp Web messages. It also lets users define a safety timeout, which causes the read receipt to be sent automatically when a particular amount of time has passed. Here's how you can put it to use:
- Search for WAIncognito on the Chrome Web Store.
- Install the Chrome extension on your computer.
- When you go to web.whatsapp.com, you'll notice an incognito option next to WhatsApp Status.
- You can easily block it by selecting 'Don't Send Last Seen updates' from the menu. This extension can also be used to block read receipts.